(Happy 100th post to me!)
In what seemed a strangely recursive experiment, I used my sewing machine today to sew something for my sewing machine. I made it a cover, in fact! Following the tutorial from Sparkle Power that I’d been eyeing for months, I used up some of the black and yellow paisley fabric that was left over from making my shoulder/hobo bag.
Being a big rectangle and all, this little cover was pretty easy to sew up. I spent a crafty afternoon sitting on the floor, cutting and ironing, while listening to my favourite podcasts. Good way to spend the day.
This is what it looks like untied and flattened.
A couple other angles, for good measure. And because I got a bit shutter-happy.
I’m pretty happy with how it turned out! And thankfully I think my hobo bag and sewing machine cover will be easily able to avoid the fashion faux-pas of showing up to a social event wearing the same thing. They don’t usually go to the same parties, anyway.
Psssst! I’m participating in: