… too much of a stretch?
It seems that each time I knit a soaker I try a new pattern. I think it’ll be great to have a variety of them to try out before deciding which one fits or works the best once there’s actually a daipered baby bum test driving each of them. My most recent soaker experiment was to knit the soaker pattern posted in the LiveJournal community punk_knitters (posted by user cyntergomes, aka Ms. Crafty Galore). My friend Emma has made a whole bunch and they’ve worked out well for her and her little ones, so I gave one a whirl. Turned out great, and was quite enjoyable (and quick) to knit.
Most of this soaker is knit in the round, which I quite enjoy — especially for knitting in stockinette stitch, since you just knit forever and never have to do any of that pesky purling. I joined the crotch area (just below the lower blue band) using the kitchener stitch. I did it a bit too tight, as you can sort of see where it was done, but I think it’s sufficiently invisible for my liking.
I realize that all three of the soakers I’ve made have used this royal blue wool… I can’t seem to run out of it! I have no idea how that’s possible. I think I only bought two skeins… AND I used it to knit the pixie hat, too! Anyway, clearly I need to take a break from this colour. The next soaker I knit I am CHANGING IT UP, guys.